- My name is A.J. O’Connell. I’m an author, but make my living as a freelance journalist, copywriter, and editor.
- My first novella Beware the Hawk, was published in 2012. The sequel, The Eagle & The Arrow, was published in 2013. The third one is coming. I promise.
- I write fiction for love, but I’m a freelance journalist and copywriter for a living.
- I contribute to Book Riot. My essays have recently appeared on The Mary Sue, The Next Web, and The Establishment.
- I’ve been a journalist for 15 years, and I taught journalism at a community college for five years.
- I obtained my MFA in creative writing from Fairfield University in 2011.
- I was a chapter editor for a non-fiction writer’s guide: Now What? The Creative Writer’s Guide to Life After the MFA.
- I’m a member of The New England Horror Writers Association.
- I live in Connecticut with my husband and son, a cat and a dog.