- My name is A.J. O’Connell. I’m an author and award-winning journalist, but make my living as a freelance content and copywriter.
- My first novella Beware the Hawk, was published in 2012. The sequel, The Eagle & The Arrow, was published in 2013.
- I write fiction for love, but I write copy for tech companies for a living.
- I contribute to Book Riot and GeekMom. My essays and reports have appeared in Electric Literature, The Mary Sue, The Next Web, and The Establishment.
- I’ve been a journalist for 20 years, and I taught journalism at a community college for five.
- I obtained my MFA in creative writing from Fairfield University in 2011.
- I was a chapter editor for a non-fiction writer’s guide: Now What? The Creative Writer’s Guide to Life After the MFA.
- I’m a member of The New England Horror Writers Association.
- I live in Connecticut with my husband and child, a cat, a dog and more chickens than I’d planned to have.