I am nowhere near where I’d like to be with this survey; so far I have only 32 respondents. I’m renewing my plea for people to take the survey (you can click the link to the left or start the survey by scrolling to the bottom of this post) and share it.
That said, I’d like to share what I’ve learned so far from the survey:
- 41 percent of respondents are between 20 and 30, and therefore could be extras on Girls.
- The top three genres respondents read Literary Fiction (12 percent), Historical Fiction (8 percent), and Mystery (8 percent).
- One brave soul admits to reading Erotica. (Come on! It’s an anonymous survey. I know there are more of you out there.)
- While 47 percent of respondents prefer physical books, 47 percent read both physical books and ebooks interchangably.
- Lots of people get their books at the library.
My favorite answers for Who Is Your Favorite Author so far:
- “John Irving, Wally Lamb, Truman Capote” (I think this might be cheating)
- “Impossible to pick one.”
- “A. J. O’Connell, then Salman Rushdie.” (Thanks, Mom!)
My favorite answers to What Is Your Favorite Book of All Time so far:
- “Also a very difficult question to answer, but if I could only read one book over and over again for the rest of my life, I would pick A Tree Grows In Brooklyn.”
- “You have to be kidding!”
Thank you to the 32 people who took the survey so far, and once again, I beg you all to take the survey and share, share, share. I want to get as much data as possible so I can keep sharing it with you all.